Take advantage of special pricing and enroll now to get access to the LIVE-online course!
*Already an Institute Member? Sign-in prior to registering.
Gain the skills and knowledge to effectively manage chronic pain through mindfulness with this 4-module LIVE-online course. Over four weeks, receive expert guidance on 10 practical mindfulness practices and exercises specifically tailored for individuals living with chronic pain. As a health service provider, you will learn strategies to create a safe and trauma-sensitive environment for your clients. Don't miss this chance to enhance your professional skills and improve the lives of those struggling with chronic pain. This course is open to all health service providers and those interested in managing chronic pain through mindfulness.
Dates: Tuesdays, starting March 21st, 2023 (recordings included)
Times: 2 PM - 4 PM ET, every Tuesday (4-weeks)
Starts in your timezone at: 11 AM PT / 6 PM GMT / 7 PM CET
What you'll get:
- Live weekly 2-hour sessions online + access all session replays
- Lectures, discussions and in-class exercises
- 10 mindfulness practices and activities, audio/video + transcripts
- Lifetime access to session replays
- Access to the private course community
- Learning Portal with guided practices, transcripts and course learning materials
- Module 1: Understanding Chronic Pain and How to Support People Living With It
- Module 2: Advancing the Meditative Journey For Those Living with Chronic Pain
- Module 3: Meditative Body Practices for Healing Trauma and Pain
- Module 4: Art-based Practices For Healing and Insight
Guided Practices + Professional Transcripts
- Grounding Meditation
- Body Scan
- First Aid Meditation
- Methods for introducing practices as safely as possible
- Mindful Movements
- Mindful examination of an artform example in the public domain
- Personal creative work
Who is the course for?
- This course is designed for health service providers and anyone interested in managing chronic pain through mindfulness.
Meet your instructors:
Dr. Jackie Gardner-Nix
Dr. Jackie Gardner-Nix is a Physician and Associate Professor at University of Toronto and the founder of Mindfulness-Based Chronic Pain Management (MBCPMTM). She is the co-author of The Mindfulness Solution to Pain and has had a focused practice in chronic pain at Toronto teaching hospitals for over 20 years.
For a full refund for the course you must cancel before March 21st, 2023 by contacting [email protected] and we will issue a refund.