Practice Event - Half-day Guided Retreat (+ Half Day Self-Guided Option)Jun 26, 2021
Join members of the Institute for a meditation retreat led by Michael Apollo, RP, Founder of Mindful Society Global Institute. The retreat will begin with a half-day of guided meditation practice led by Michael, followed by an optional self-led meditation retreat utilizing guided audio meditation recordings or following your own meditation practice.
Michael will offer a progression of “Shamatha” guided meditation practices focused on cultivating “calm abiding”. These practices will consist of focused attention and open monitoring practices, like the ones studied by UC Davis in the Shamatha Project.
- Cultivate your personal practice
- Engage with community
- Slow down in your home setting
- Experience self-reflection & contemplation
Ready Your Retreat Space:
- Choose a quiet space and inform those around you that you will be engaging in extended period of mindfulness practice
- Set up whatever you need for deep practice (e.g. cushion, chair, water, tea, blanket, etc.)
- Mute digital alerts, silence your phone and minimize distractions.
- Nourish yourself before we begin and plan your
- Take a moment to reflect on your intention for retreat
A guide with the full schedule along with additional resources will be provided to you prior to the retreat. It is recommended to clear your schedule for the day and if possible for the weekend so that you may extend your contemplative retreat into the next day.
Host: Michael Apollo, RP, Founder, Mindful Society Global Institute
Michael Apollo RP, is the Founder of Mindful Society Global Institute and the A Mindful Society Conference. His work in organizations, academia, and building award-winning technologies has introduced millions of people worldwide to the research and practice of mindfulness. Michael is the former Director of Mindfulness Programs at the University of Toronto, is a registered psychotherapist and is certified as a teacher mentor in mindfulness-based programs (MBSR and MBCT). He lives in Toronto and has a 5-year-old son and a 3-year-old daughter whom continue to be his greatest mindfulness teachers.
Join us for a FREE 30-day trial and access all events, replays and Institute resources. Access this Learning Event live or watch the replay by becoming a member now.